Header

LOTS OF GLAMOUR, ESPECIALLY IN SMALL ROOMS IS VERY IMPORTANT. - DAVID NETTO

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Vintage Maps

I happen to think Vintage Maps are not only (slightly) functional but also quite beautiful. I've been doing some research for an addition to frame and decorate the walls of my apartment. Some truly are artwork (with artwork prices, too!) They are easily found on both Amazon and places like Ebay and Etsy. I think part of my interest in maps is my love for travel and for the sentimental feeling that I get from looking at a map. Also, as a child it was also absolutely mandatory to purchase these overpriced maps that folded into perfect 4 x 6 squares in every major city I visited. I have ones from Chicago, NYC, DC and San Francisco. I still use them when I travel even now!

Here are a few I've had my eye on...
Charleston in 1949 (I see Duncan Street!)

and of course...

Vintage Paris





No comments:

Post a Comment