Header

LOTS OF GLAMOUR, ESPECIALLY IN SMALL ROOMS IS VERY IMPORTANT. - DAVID NETTO

Saturday, May 7, 2011

2 Years Ago Today...

I got up bright and early, and walked the two blocks down to the Cistern to attend my Commencement Ceremony from The College of Charleston.
I met Mother for a few pictures and to talk strategy about her getting the best seat possible (and she did, of course)
I sat under the oaks with my classmates while all the girls wore white dresses and carried roses while all the gentleman wore white dinner jackets with red rose boutonnieres. I walked up towards the stage and listed anxiously for her to call my name, she did, and actually pronounced it correctly! I graduated with a double major in Historic Preservation and Art History.
After the ceremony we walked out through Porter's Lodge, the same gates that we entered in 2005 as freshman.

I cannot believe it has been two years since I sat on the stage at Randolph Hall and became a college graduate. I still look back on that day with excitement, but remember being incredibly sad knowing that such a fun part of my life was coming to an end and that I was leaving a place I loved so dearly.

1 comment:

  1. What a special memory! You look so happy in your pictures :) (and i LOVE your dress!!!)

    ReplyDelete