The small apartment is slowly but surely coming together.
I thought I'd take a few pictures and show my favorite parts.
Mirrored Bedside table (via Target) Vintage Charleston Postcard of Villa Margarita and teeny Wedgewood box I've had forever (I use it store bobby pins, etc) and a lovely alabaster lamp that Mother and I snatched out of the mountain house.
Stacks of Design and Fashion books under my Coffee Table. The Avedon Fashion one is a favorite. I often peruse it just for fun- the images are so fantastic and I'm very sad I did not get to see the exhibit when it was NYC- hoping it makes its way to DC sooner than later.
My closet is my favorite place. Its literally bigger than my kitchen in terms of square feet. My monogrammed hangers are also another favorite element. They make my closet feel nicely organized.
My big elephant decal from Etsy that is over my TV. It paisley (love love) and adds a bit of color to an otherwise all white wall with some unsightly cracks (the disadvantage of living in a 100 year old apartment building...)
My Faux Bamboo Chinese Chippendale chairs. I was soooo lucky to nab 2 of these off of Craigslist!! Mother sent me the yellow and white fabric and had previously made the pillow for me from a silk skirt that I loved but was unfortunately too big. It worked out quite nicely, I see the pillows everyday where the skirt was just an occasional piece. I've always thought I wanted to get the chairs painted, but I really think the natural wood finish has really grown on me.
More pictures to come as everything comes together!
MLW, I love it! Cannot wait until we are both back in the great state to play post xmas!
ReplyDeleteAlso, can we please, please pick a date for me to come visit soon?
Love the elephant wall cover! I just found your blog! So cute!
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures! I like your blog
ReplyDeletevisit my blog
http://bels-summerswing.blogspot.com/
merry xmass!!!
thank you all!
ReplyDeleteI've had my eye on those mirrored side tables from Target-- they look great in your home!
ReplyDeleteWhere oh where did you get those fab hangers? Must have!
ReplyDelete