Last weekend I went to visit two of my college friends who now reside in New York City. After a verrrrry long journey from DC via the DC2NY bus which included both a lack of air conditioning, a flat tire, and an additional bus (8+ hour trip which should have taken around 4.5)... I arrived in Manhattan!
We had a great time and ate at some delicious restaurants. I highly recommend Blue Smoke (BBQ and Southern fixins) Pipa (tapas style) and Frank (the cheapest, most delicious brunch ever). Of course, a trip to Greenwich village to nab some Magnolia's was necessary!

Waiting in line for the much beloved cupcakes on Bleeker Street.

Perry Street, Carrie Bradshaw's residence!

The great chandeliers at Pipa!
The restaurant was all lit by candlelight... so elegant!
and lastly, the entrance to my favorite bake shop!
Isn't it so sweet and charming? I think so.
I so much fun visiting NYC and am really looking forward to visiting again over Labor Day weekend with Mother. I know we will have a blast just wandering the city. (and maybe popping into ABC home to lust over the amazing decor!)
Try ABC Kitchen, too. Delicious!
ReplyDeleteLove NYC. My old (small) apartment was right around the corner from Magnolia and I miss the charm of that neighborhood all the time. But it makes for wonderful visits back!
BTW Try Bolt or Megabus... a bit more reliable.