So last week was interesting. Tuesday we had an 5.8 magnitude earthquake that caused almost every office in DC (including mine) to evacuate and an "early dismissal" from work. We celebrated surviving by drinking beer on the roof followed by half price wine night at Town Hall. Needless to say, Wednesday was full of what some can call an "earthquake hangover". But not to let one natural disaster take all the excitement we ALSO had a hurricane Saturday!
Needless to say... Earthquakes are scary (really... I can now permanently scratch California off my potential places to live) and Hurricane Irene was not anything more than a big rainstorm with some wind that knocked down trees. I am lucky, I was able to park Bonnie Blue is a garage and avoid a potential date with the insurance adjuster, and also I never lost power. I heard some of Glover Park is still without power! (sorry yall, but don't fret, its tuesday, so come to HPWN at Town Hall) !

I'm so glad you're safe and sound! I've been sending lots of thoughts and prayers that way, and will continue to do so... Happy Hump Day! oxo
ReplyDeletehow sweet! thanks so much! we were lucky in DC, I saw some pictures of a Friend's beach house in NC that did not fare so well.
ReplyDelete