A few weeks ago I ventured out to Butler's orchard to go Pumpkin Picking. Butler's is a huge orchard outside of DC in what I refer to as "the middle of nowhere" also known as Germantown, Maryland. It was a gorgeous fall day, and despite the fact that I had been up since 6:30 am (work early on a saturday!) I actually did have a good time. We had to take a hayride out to the pumpkin patch (keep in mind hay/the outdoors = not my thing) and then we ventured along looking for the perfect pumpkin. I had trouble settling on one, being a bit indecisive but I settled on a small one that fits nicely into the (small!) apartment. Edward was rather decisive and quickly found one that appealed to him. It was a nice break from the city to get out into the country and see some trees and rolling hills! I think I'd go again, it really put me into a festive mood!
Sarah and I with our pumpkins (note the ridiculous footwear... I almost wore ballet Flats until Edward politely reminded me that we were trekking out into the "woods". Hence, Tory Burch Duck Shoes!)
Boys being boys
No comments:
Post a Comment