Header

LOTS OF GLAMOUR, ESPECIALLY IN SMALL ROOMS IS VERY IMPORTANT. - DAVID NETTO

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

4 years is never Enough!

Lately I've been having lots of "I miss college" days in addition to missing my most favorite city in South Carolina, Charleston. I feel so lucky that I got to spend 4 years there for college as well as 2 of the best summers of my life. I wish I could have dragged college out further, although I tried to squeeze as much in as I could with 2 Majors in Historic Preservation & Community Planning and Art History.

I miss days of touring historic homes to research my senior thesis.
(Spoleto Headquarters on George Street)
I miss spending my favorite Summer Holiday (July 4th) on Sullivan's Island at Station 22.
I miss the days of being a Belle for Southern Proper.

I miss bid days on the cistern!


I miss the grey house on Duncan Street that flooded when it rained at high tide.
I miss bid days on the beach with my bestie, SAT.
I miss having a view of where the Ashley and Cooper come together during sunset walks.
I miss this being my classroom. (No joke, one summer a preservation course I took required sketches of historic homes. This day we toured and sketched the Heyward Washington house, where George Washington once visited). The second best part of this class is that it was Maymester and only went from 9 am to 12 pm. My professor was always so patient with my lack of drawing skills too!
I may not live in Charleston anymore, but I am very happy to have pictures this fantastic to remind of me of a dearly loved place (with people I love too)!

2 comments: